- We managed to build our Ikea furniture, and fill all of those shelves and ingenious space.
- We went to the beach
- Pete killed multiple centipedes in our apartment, and I learned to get over that they sometimes shared our space.
- I learned how to ignite the pilot light on our ancient stove.
- We continued to buy foods made from whole ingredients, although, I have to admit, we had our share of potato chips and burgers at some great summer barbecues.
- I learned the pros and cons of traveling for work.
- Pete learned how to break into our apartment when I locked him out.
- I bought a natural shampoo and conditioner that doesn't make my hair greasy
- I got lost in Boston at least twice.
- We both realized the importance of the little things and were reminded of the big things during some tough times.
- We also learned the importance of long lasting friendships during some great times.
- My mom took me to Higgins Beach where my Great Grandparents used to live.
- My sister made grilled Pizza (it is an amazing thing).
- We did our best to unplug our electronics when we were not home and we finally purchased no one but two microwaves, against my better judgement...although so far I have used it more than Pete has.
- I developed a budget and have stuck with it for half a week so far.
- Pete blew his budget buying me flowers and taking me to dinner, and then getting his car towed...oops.
- I taught the girls how to make homemade raviolis.
- We started watching The Event, and wished it was actually Lost instead of just pretending to be Lost.
- We walked all over the city on sunny Saturday afternoons
- We fell in love with Boston
We didn't always live up The E Standard. Sometimes we failed miserably. It is a lot harder to uphold The E Standard. But we tried our best this summer, and had a lot of fun doing so. I will keep at it and let you know how I do in the fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment